All sensing commands allow the user to specify a number corresponding to the port the sensor is on. For example, a distance sensor on port three would be read by Hummingbird distance on port 3.
- HB temperature: Returns the value in Celsius of a temperature probe.
- HB sound: Returns the value of a sound sensor, range is 0 to ~100.
- HB rotary: Returns the value of the hummingbird’s knob; range is 0 to 100.
- HB light sensor: Returns the value of a light sensor, range is 0 to 100.
- HB distance sensor: Returns the distance to an object from a distance sensor in centimeters. The range is 8 to 80 cm with the kit’s range sensor (a value greater than 60 cm should be considered as not seeing an object).
- HB voltage: Returns the raw analog voltage reading at the sensor port, range is 0.00 to 5.00.