1. Download the Hummingbird Netbeans project and unzip it in a convenient directory.
2. Open Netbeans.
- You must open Netbeans using sudo to run Hummingbird programs, or follow these instructions to make it so regular users can access the Hummingbird (credit: Meg Richards – originally written for Finch, but identical for Hummingbird except that the VID/PID is 2534/2222 instead of 2534/1111).
- You will need to install libusb-1.0 before compiling a program. To do so, run sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev in any terminal window.
3. Go to File->Open Project and navigate to the directory where you unzipped the Hummingbird Netbeans Java package. Open the directory and click on the Hummingbeans project. A coffee cup icon should be displayed next to “Hummingbeans” to indicate that it is a Netbeans project directory.
4. Expand “Source Packages” to view the example programs.