BirdBrain Technologies Webinars
Wednesday, July 15, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm (ET)
“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s ROBOT?” In Robot Poetry class students will bring poetry to life by coding lights and motors! How and when should elements of the project move and light up? The students decide, based on their understanding of the poem! We will explore ELA concepts like theme and imagery through creative robotics.
Teachers, please invite your students to register and join! BirdBrain classes are free, fun, easy, and enriching. Students are encouraged to participate live in the Zoom class, and teachers are encouraged to watch live on Facebook. Think of this like a “Fishbowl” activity, in which teachers observe their and other students’ learning. Teachers can then join the Friday Teacher Talk session to discuss how and why the class went as it did.
This webinar is free to attend. Register below to attend on Zoom. Registration closes 1 hour prior to class, so be sure to register before then! If you miss the cutoff, you can watch our live stream on Facebook!
- No building supplies needed.
- Students should join the Zoom call from a laptop if possible, as tablets and Chromebooks will limit aspects of participation.
Want to use your own Hummingbird at home? Purchase one from our webstore.
- Students in 2nd through 6th grade
- Teachers of middle & high school English, computer science, STEM, and robotics
- Summer camp providers
- After school providers
- Students are encouraged to participate fully on Zoom. Teachers are encouraged to watch live on Facebook.