BirdBrain Technologies Webinars
Tuesday, June 30, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm (ET)
Smart Home Design
The world is rapidly changing. Industry 4.0 is a big part of that change across all industry sectors. These emerging technologies include robotics/automation, internet of things (IoT), 3D printing, cyber-security, virtual/augmented reality, and digital fabrication. These technologies are radically changing industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, retail, and more.
Attend this workshop to learn more about one of these emerging technologies (IoT) and how it is connected to careers in manufacturing. Through this engaging, hands on STEM program, students will explore the intersections of manufacturing, robotics, computer programming, and design. Additional resources will be provided to learn more about these exciting and well paying careers.
Teachers, please invite your students to register and join! BirdBrain classes are free, fun, easy, and enriching. Students are encouraged to participate live in the Zoom class, and teachers are encouraged to to observe this session live on Facebook in preparation for the July 1st teacher training.
This webinar is free to attend. Register below to attend on Zoom. Registration closes 1 hour prior to class, so be sure to register before then! If you miss the cutoff, you can watch our live stream on Facebook!
- No building supplies needed.
- Students should join the Zoom call from a laptop if possible, as tablets and Chromebooks will limit aspects of participation.
Want to use your own Hummingbird at home? Purchase one from our webstore.
- Students in 6th grade and up
- Teachers, especially of STEM, computer science, and robotics
- Summer camp providers
- After school providers
- Anyone interested in engaging students in discussion around the future of work
- Students are encouraged to participate fully on Zoom. Teachers are encouraged to watch live on Facebook.