A. Program our Remote Robots from Anywhere
A remote robot is a robotic project that can be programmed by anyone with an internet connection.
We’ve set up two Hummingbird Kit robots that anyone, anywhere can program in real time! To program a robot just click on the program button under the videos. Please use a Chrome or Firefox browser when programming the robot.
Teachers, are you excited by the idea of setting up your own remote robots for your students to access online? Keep scrolling for tutorials on Remote Finch and Remote Hummingbird setup.
- You can follow our tutorials on single-color LEDs, tri-color LEDs, and servos to learn how to program those parts of the robots.
- The video has a 10-15 second lag – so when you click a block or run a program, it will take a moment to see on the screen. Each sample project has a small program pre-built for you, that starts when you hit the green flag.
- You have 20 minutes with any one robot before the robot will disconnect. You can reconnect immediately after the timeout.
- If one of the cameras seems to be missing, try refreshing the page.
- Sometimes the project code fails to load in the Chrome browser and the page turns white, black, or dark gray. If this happens, try refreshing or opening the link in Firefox.